Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Sports Retro Friday!

Maybe it's the downright balmy weather we've been having or the fact that it's spring break and my classmates and teachers alike are updating their Facebook pages with messages about travel and relaxation, or maybe it's because I just spent a few hours in the Dana Library thumbing through old Rutgers Newark yearbooks, but I'm feeling  a) like I need to go for a run outside after work today, and b) just a little nostalgic.

So I've dug out these old spring sport photos from our archives for your entertainment.

At left, baseball - unknown date.


Below:basketball, unknown date.


Runners on Bleeker Street (that's NJIT's Eberhardt Hall in the background). 1970s??


Tennis, anyone? This one's from Special Collections and University Archives, Rutgers University Libraries. Taken on Rector St. in the 1940s

No comments:

Post a Comment